DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE CALLING?
On first thought, the fact that we are a family-owned funeral home may not mean much to you. But consider this: since we live and work here in Dayton, Ohio, your hard earned money goes directly to supporting families and businesses in your community. We use local vendors and support numerous non-profit organizations right here in Dayton. And because we are family-owned, you are assured someone from our family will be available to assist you, regardless of the time you call.
While they may have been operating in your community for years, and their names have not changed, some funeral homes have been sold to national and international conglomerates. These funeral service conglomerates keep the original family name on their businesses because they know that at your greatest time of need you are more likely to turn to a local business you feel you can trust, than to a national chain you know nothing about.
The following is a list of such conglomerates and the funeral homes they are operating in the Dayton area:
SCI Group - Service Corporation International, Houston, Texas. The world's largest funeral/cemetery conglomerate owning more than 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries.
Tobias Funeral Home (under 3rd corporate ownership)
Gebhart-Schmidt-Parramore Funeral Home
Burcham Jennings Funeral Home
Miami Valley Memory Garden
Glenn Havens Memorial Gardens
Rose Hill Burial Park
Valley View Cemetery
NEWCOMER Funeral Service Group, Inc. - Privately held corporation based in Topeka, Kansas.
Owner, Ren Newcomer, is purchasing funeral homes in New York, Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Indiana and Kentucky. While his advertising will have you believe he is the "discount" funeral home, their average total funeral cost is the same as Routsong and other locally owned funeral homes in the area.
WHY FAMILY-OWNED FUNERAL HOMES ARE THE RIGHT CHOICE:
Routsong Funeral Home is family owned and operated. Tommy Routsong is the third generation owner of the funeral home. He and his wife Lisa work closely with all the families they serve. Routsong Funeral Home has a single focus; providing you the high quality, personal service you deserve! At Routsong we know our success depends upon how we treat each and every family we serve. It is our goal not only to satisfy your needs but to exceed your expectations.
Here are a few of the services we provide to you at no additional cost, making Routsong Funeral Home unique among funeral homes not only in the Dayton area, but across the Nation.
- Funeral Directors who are certified Funeral Celebrants – a person who is specially trained to listen and guide you in creating a service that truly memorable.
- State of art facilities with fully integrated electronics, large flat screen TV’s and personalized music libraries.
- Complimentary Refreshments and Cookies for your guests
- Door Greeters and Funeral Hosts to welcome your guest and assist them with parking if needed.
- Children's Entertainment Room with the option of childcare provided for a small fee.
- Bottled water or hot beverages and blankets at the cemetery for the comfort of you and your family and friends.
- Office associate present throughout the visitation and service to answer calls and assist you and your guests.
Our dedication to the community is reflected daily through our involvement and contributions to business, civic and church organizations. Creating personal relationships in the community enables us to provide the individualized, sensitive service your family deserves. Chances are, when you call Routsong Funeral Home there will be someone you know on the other end to assist you.