“It’s because we want you to know how determined we are to make a difference and help families during their toughest times – that is why we mention this special award.”
– Tommy “TR” Routsong
There are a list of reasons why only 153 out of 20,557 funeral homes earned the Pursuit of Excellence Award from the National Funeral Directors Association for 2014. It starts with a “demonstrated a commitment to raising the bar on funeral service…”
That means the funeral home must
- Demonstrate proficiency in key areas of funeral service, such as compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Offer outstanding programs and resources to bereaved families.
- Maintain an active level of involvement within the community.
- Participate and actively serve in the funeral service profession.
- Promote funeral home services through a variety of public relations programs.
- Provide ongoing education and professional development opportunities for its staff.
- Adhere to a Pledge of Ethical Practices.
We take care of your loved one and your family like no-one else can. We’re here for you when you need us. If you’d like to talk to us now, or view our online guide about Planning Ahead, please call us at 937-293-4137 or click to view our free online Pre-Planning Guide.
*List reproduced from NFDA.org